Process Improvement is the task of identifying, analyzing and improving upon existing business processes within an organization for optimization and to meet new quotas or standards of delivery be it quality, cost or time. It often involves a systematic approach which follows a specific methodology but there are different approaches to be considered.
Processes can either be modified or complemented with sub-processes or even eliminated for the ultimate goal of improvement.
- Select Process and establish objective
- Organize team
- Map current process
- Identify root causes and constraints
- Simplify Process
- Evaluate process stability and make changes
- Test change and monitor results
- Standardize process
- Implement changes and monitor results
What does the Process Improvement achieve?
- Reduces costs
- Improves margins
- Improves competitiveness
- Improves ROI