Business development is the creation of long-term value for an organization from customers, to markets, and relationships.
At SBD we know there is elegance in simplicity, at its heart, business development is all about figuring out how the interactions of those forces combine together to create opportunities for growth, generating and capturing value for all stakeholders.
A disruptive innovation is an innovation that helps create a new market and value network, and eventually disrupts an existing market and value network (over a few years or decades), displacing an earlier technology. These innovations generate high-risk, high-return breakthroughs that often begin at the bottom of a market and eventually displace competitors.
- Separate disruptive efforts from core business operations.
- Crate an organizational talent inventory to define required talents which the organization has o needs to source.
- Acquire and retain necessary talent.
- Create an atmosphere to challenge conventional wisdom. Out of the box thinking.
- Reduce bureaucracy and promote flexibility.
- Clearly define problem or problems to solve.
- Brainstorm innovative solutions with a multifunctional team.
- Develop ideas and run them through feasibility filters for organizational, technological and operational capabilities.
- Create roadmap for implementation defining necessary resources, risk management procedures and assigning responsibilities.
What does the Disruptive Innovation process achieve?
Innovations in the following areas:
- Business Models
- Operational Models
- Creation of new competitive advantages.
- Increased market share.
- Increased profitability.
- Accelerated growth.